The Association

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Unit 7

Good Day Everyone!!
Podcast should be planned very carefully so that you may have time to reach the goal of providing users with great service. They should be planned by first identifying existing content that might translate well into an audio or video format (Salmon, 2008). Being able to deliver preliminary information to users can be a very effective way of provide instructional sessions and deliver news updates. Podcast can attract an audience by providing relevant content that is of interest to someone for personal or business reasons. Global businesses are able to use podcast to deliver internal information in regards to policies and procedures and they are able to create and share new ideas along with constant updates of what’s new. Another benefit is that millions of Americans own iPods or MP3 players and have downloaded podcasts from the web so that they could listen to audio files at a time of their choosing. Users can be attracted to podcast by commenting on others websites or blogs or submitting articles with their information included. My selected audience would be for anyone who wants to become more marketable or competitive in their field of study through new tools of the digital age. I believe in this day in time in order to be successful you must take out time to become familiar with today’s new technology so that you may market yourself in a manner that shows your technical and communication skills. My personal experience with the topic of social media and digital tools began when I moved to South Florida in 2005. I came here in need of a job and I had never owned a computer. Through my job searches, I found out how important is to be computer savvy and connected with employers through new media. This encouraged me to invest in a computer which helped me to gain a job at Kaplan University which was a huge career advancement for me at the time and it also helped me to become more a more social person. Salmon, G. (2008) Podcasting technology. How to Create Podcasts for Education .Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, New York McGraw-Hill International (UK) Limited, 2008

No comments: