The Association

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Social Media??

Good Evening Everyone!!
As we all know, social media has increasingly become a huge part of today’s society and most of all the job market. Sites like face book, twitter, Linked In and Skype allows us to advance in our careers along with our reputations. These sites are literally changing the way employers communicate with us. Using these tools can also help you to Network with other business associates and clients, it can show employers your technical, writing and communication skills, and most importantly they can help you to be become marketable and competitive in your field of your choice. With that being said, there are thousands of communities’ online and reputation is also very important because what you put online represents who you are and it can affect how people see you as a person.
For those who aren’t quite technological savvy, these digital tools lets you draw information from millions of people and organizations and I’m talking from all over the globe so the opportunities are endless and right now there are recent U.S studies showing that nearly 90% of employers either use, or plan to use, social media for recruiting.
All in all, There is some true value on these sites and you can find out more from me by joining my blog (TechNotronics) at alltech82.blogspot.com- you can email me at showoff82@gmail.com – Search for me on face book -Yolanda Lala Thomas and last but not least, don’t forget to follow me on twitter at LucyRicardo82.

Try joining a social networking site tonight!


5 comments:

Del Percente said...

This was an awesome blog! I really enjoyed reading this, is was like reading an advertising ad,one that was very informative.

LaLa said...

Thanks Del!! I really appreciate your comment. This is my first time doing a blog and I feel good about it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yes I know what you mean, I'm beginning to dig posting on the blog too! It's like the blogs are our adult drawing boards and instead of using crayons or paint, we get to be creative with words, and background images, etc. Well see you in the morning on our other digital toy! LOL!

LaLa said...

LOL! I have had the most fun on these social networks.
There is never a boring moment. Enjoy the day!