The Association

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Unit 5

Good Evening!!
While setting up my profile I was asked a variety of questions in order to allow my viewers to learn about me and my interest. Questions were like what is your: Audio clip URL, Wish list URL, Favorites Movies, music, books and other random questions. This information can be used by others know my likes and dislikes along with my attitude towards different topics. It also let them connect with me by knowing my age, D.O.B, and current location. All of this information will help an employer or company target me based upon what I provide for them to view. There are many risk associated with misuse information if it falls into the wrong hands. There have been many cases of identity theft due to information being given out. There have also been cases where people get humiliated due to others photo shopping pictures and videos. This type of risk can destroy people and their families along with their place of employment. When it comes to social media and privacy, I fear being in a situation where my information is misused. For this reason, I have started putting security settings on my accounts. I was recently told about a face book application that can match up your image with your online profile in seconds. This was a scary article to read but it really opened my eyes up to the dangers of social media.

No comments: